Thursday, January 7, 2010

What do you recommend to melt embossing powder besides the special heat tool?

I've used a light bulb before, but it takes a while and I always see spots afterwards. I tried putting it on a Yankee Candle tart warmer with a tea light lit inside. But, that didn't work. I'm thinking of trying a hair dryer, but I don't want to blow the embossing powder off the paper. Any ideas? Thanks!What do you recommend to melt embossing powder besides the special heat tool?
I use a hair dryer, but I am very careful (like you said, don't want to blow the powder off.)





I blow it on the lowest speed but the highest heat and only do so on the underside of the paper, making sure to hold the paper securely. I usually utlilize a family member to hold the paper so that it doesn't slip away from the movement! :)





Good luck!What do you recommend to melt embossing powder besides the special heat tool?
I tend to use a heat tool, although in a pinch, the hob of an oven will work at a low temperature (I have an electric oven, so I'm not sure how well it would work on a gas one).
I saw a lady once who used a small electric griddle. She placed the embossed item carefully on the surface that had been heated.
I've heard of using a hair dryer, but using it under the paper instead of on top of it so it doesn't blow the powder off.
Yes spend the money and get a heat gun. Use a coupon from Michael's or JoAnn's and get it at 40-50% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment