Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's the difference between liquid foundation, powder foundation, loose powder, & pressed powder?

I have oliy sink around the t-zone so what kind should i use?What's the difference between liquid foundation, powder foundation, loose powder, %26amp; pressed powder?
WELL.


liquid foundation is usually best suited for people who have normal or dry skin, since liquids tend to melt off/into pores on people with oilier skin (such as myself). Coverage can be anywhere from sheer to full depending on the brand and the thickness of the liquid, although with liquids and oily skin I find that cakiness always follows after a few hours of wear, unless you are constantly removing the makeup and redoing it lol.


powder foundation is great for oily skin, or combo, and basically gives you a lighter application and is better for withstanding oily skin. Usually they don't give the best coverage, at least in my opinion. A great way around this though is to use a mineral powder foundation, as it gives similar coverage as traditional foundations but without as many harmful effects on oily skin. Brands to check out are Everyday Minerals, Meow Cosmetics, LA Minerals.. I've only tried Everyday Minerals, and find that I LOVE the coverage but without my sunscreen, moisturizer and primer, the makeup shifts a lot on my nose and chin, and now it just gets a bit shiny.





Loose powder and pressed powder are basically powders used to set your foundation. I prefer loose over pressed, although loose is messier.I find that loose powders last longer and are also easier in terms of controlling how much is applied to your face.





For your skin, I would suggest to try out some oil free primers. You could try Smashbox Photofinish Light, and I've also tried Makeup Forever's HD one, although it didn't work well for shine control, just helped with making my makeup not really shift at all. You can also try primers in powder form from online companies like Everyday MInerals or Fyrinnae. I'd personally get a sample kit from Everyday Minerals (gives you 3 foundations and they have 4 different kinds of coverage, and you can choose a concealer and a blush, and you only pay the shipping) and also get a sample of their start to finish powder, either rice or regular one. And also Fyrinnae makes a rice powder primer, so I would say maybe order both, or try one first then if it doesn't work try th eother. Depending on where you live, shipping could take a while. Fyrinnae right now is going to take longer than usual.





Hope this helped somewhat lol.What's the difference between liquid foundation, powder foundation, loose powder, %26amp; pressed powder?
As a professional makeup artist I can highly recommend the latest rave in mineral liquid foundations. Bee Luscious Mineral Photo Touch Foundation and bee luscious liquid minerals are the most amazing foundations you can use. Google bee luscious and be amazed.





This product gives you the best of all worlds a smooth liquid with even application that turns to powdery finish.





Powders are great for added coverage and to mattify but with the two products I mentioned its all in one or you can add the matching pressed powder for added coverage and SPF.

No comments:

Post a Comment