Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is the difference between using powder detergent and liquid?

and how do I know if my washer can use powdered?What is the difference between using powder detergent and liquid?
Yes you could technically premix your detergent. You just have to make sure to remember the concentration. For example if you put 3 scoops of powdered detergent in the bottle and then 1 1/2 cups of water you will know to use 1/2 cup of the liquid premix for each load of laundry.What is the difference between using powder detergent and liquid?
I use powdered because my wife won't let me buy liquid.





I put the powder in the machine then start it up. I wait until the washer is half full of water before I start throwing in, so the powder has had a chance to mix with the water so there's less chance of getting powder in your clothes.
Read your owner's manual. Most machines can take either, but powdered detergent doesn't always dissolve and sticks to your clothes. This is especially true in front loaders that use a small amount of water.
Well.... The powder kind isn't all that bad, if you put the detergent in first, and allow it to disolve in the water before you add your clothes.





I guess you could mix the powder with water as you mentioned, but I think it would be a lot of work, and probably a bit messy. =/
One is concentrated, one is watered down, Literally.





I agree with first answer read owner's manual.
I have always used liquid, it dissolves easier and when we had a septic tank the people that installed the septic system recommended using the liquid as the powder don't always dissolve and it can clog up the drain into your septic system I also use liquid or gel dish washing soap for my dish washer.
i like using liquid because if its really cold the powered doesn't melt and u can end up with chunks of soap in clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment