Monday, December 28, 2009

How can I keep my powder eyeshadow from fading away quickly?

I love the smokey eye effect, and I always apply it, but after a half an hour it's already starting to fade. By two hours, it's barely noticeable anymore. I never touch my eyes while it is applied, and I'm not in any windy areas. How can I keep my powder shadow looking fresh and new all day long without constantly having to re-apply it?How can I keep my powder eyeshadow from fading away quickly?
A few tricks of the trade to share...





You must use some sort of base to keep your eye makeup looking fresh for hours. This can be in the form of an eyeshadow base (such as Clinique's Touch Tint). The base will keep your eyeshadow from creasing, wearing off and will help pop the color and prolong the wear (typically up to 8 hours). All you need to do is apply a thin layer of the cream and let it dry (which takes seconds) before applying your powder shadows.





The other option (which I love for doing deeper, smokier eyes) is to color the entire lid with a kohl pencil. You can use just about any shade you want, though something in a nude or taupe will be least likely to change the color of your eyeshadow. This has amazing staying power and really livens up the eyeshadow. (Note: when you apply the pencil you are literally coloring over your entire lid. It's not necessary to be ';neat'; as you then smudge it in with your fingers.)





Hope these tips help and you have eye makeup that lasts hour after hour after hour :)How can I keep my powder eyeshadow from fading away quickly?
I would suggest buying an Eyeshadow Primer before putting eyeshadow on.


It helps the eyeshadow stay in place so it doesn't crease.


My favorite one is Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer.


You can find it in Sephora, Ulta, etc.


It's $16, but it's really worth the money!
You need to use a primer first. This makes the eyeshadow stick to the lids better.


If you don't want to buy anything, try using a little lotion on your lids.
2 words


hair spray





it really works (if you dont mind its smell)


spray it on your face after you put on your make up, make sure to close your eyes and breathing





  • free
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment