Monday, December 28, 2009

How do you apply loose powder and not make a mess?

I recently switched to Everyday Minerals makeup. I have never used loose powder ever! I have used it a few days now. Every time I apply my makeup with the brush, I end up with powder in my hair and on my shoulders. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can apply the loose powder without making a mess. Thanks!How do you apply loose powder and not make a mess?
Yes i use the same makeup - Everyday Minerals. What you have to do is just sprinkle a bit onto the lid (only a tiny bit) and just twirl your brush in the lid so all of it goes on the brush and then tap of all excess powder and then just keep buffing it onto your skin untill its well blended .... also buff it up near your temples and jawline so you dont look like your wearing a mask and blend it in well. Hopefully it wont go all over then. xxxHow do you apply loose powder and not make a mess?
Make sure that the main product is in the container and not above the sifter. Then put a big powder brush in the small amount of powder above the sifter (if it doesnt come with a container that has a sifter-purchase one) When you pick up the loose powder on the brush, tap the handle against the top lip of the container to get rid of the excess that is sitting on top of the bristles. If you don't do that it will likely go everywhere. Also, if you apply it quickly after applying moisturizer or foundation it will apply onto your skin more than flying off into the air.
I have been using mineral makeup for 1 year now and I love it. Use a large powder brush (with a long handle). Dip the end of the brush into the powder the turn brush over and tap it once on the counter. This distributes the powder into the brush and you can easily polish the minerals into your skin with even distribution and no mess!
It should have come with a dvd...but you keep the container closed flip it so some of the loose powder gets on the lid, reinvert it so it is up right, open and swirl your brush in the powder on the lid, and tap the brush on the side to remove the excess powder...That should help termendously!
Cover your front with a medium sized towel (from shoulder to shoulder), blow on the brush prior to applying to your face and blend,blend,blend. I have also used a sponge to apply loose powder using the same method.
Try puritycosmetics,co,uk. It is really good!
Pinch it in your fingers and rub it all over. That's what I do.
use a fluffy brush

No comments:

Post a Comment