Monday, December 28, 2009

What is the best baby powder and sunscreen for hot weather?

I am a nurse and worked for a Dermatologist. The best thing is to make sure you have a good sun hat(one the baby cant pull off) and a sunscreen of 30 SPF or above. I would have your baby wear light weight long sleeve clothing and pants. Sun burns are terrible and especially on a little baby.What is the best baby powder and sunscreen for hot weather?
Thanks everybody for your help, sorry, couldn't log-in because of computer problems, but I would have chosen stacydery for the best answer. Report Abuse
What is the best baby powder and sunscreen for hot weather?
Aveeno makes a baby powder for sensitive skin that is great. I'm an adult, but I wear it. :o) The fragrance is light and feels a lot cleaner than typical baby powders.





As far as sunscreen, make sure you apply it on your baby (and yourself) frequently, every hour or so. I wouldn't get an SPF smaller than 30. Since your baby has sensitive skin, the only way to make sure your child isn't allergic is to test brands. Just rub a small amount on your baby's skin and check for a reaction.





A lot of people don't recommend putting sunscreen on a child that's younger than 6 mos. old because sunscreens aren't tested on children that young; however, no studies have shown that it's bad for them. Some do recommend a ';physical'; sunscreen--one that sits on top of the skin, the white zinc stuff comes to mind.





And of course, keep your baby protected from the sun and heat with hat, umbrella, stroller, etc. Make sure both you and your baby are getting lots of water throughout the day, especially as the climate gets hotter and drier, it will be easier to get dehydrated.
I'm not sure about the baby powder, but for the sun block they have these really cute spf 30 hats, and baby banz sunglasses have 100% Uv protection and the glasses the baby wont be able to get off and I doubt they would even bother him/her. my son keeps them on no prob. they have a band that goes around his head and they are really really cute. The sun block if you plan on going swimming with they baby Coppertone kids (its safe from 6 months and up) has a spf 50 uva protection waterproof sunscreen, my baby has sensitive skin and he can use it. and if you aren't going to do much swimming Baby Aveno has a sunscreen that is spf 55 and its for sensative skin too. I hope you and you family have a WONDERFUL vacation!!! Lucky baby exploring the world at such a young age!!!


hope I could help
Here's a website that ranks sunscreens for babies based on the product's effectiveness and presence of irritant or carcinogenic ingredients.





http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special鈥?/a>
Not sure about the powder or sunscreen but be sure to have a HAT on your baby at all times! And, they make SPF clothing. I've seen it at Target.
my dermetologist told me to use Baby Aveeno for the sunscreen. Good for sensitive babies too

No comments:

Post a Comment