Thursday, December 24, 2009

What's the difference between Japanese curry powder and regular curry powder?

I'm planning to make curry beef korokke (japanese croquette) which requires some curry powder. Can I just use the regular curry powder (mine is medium curry powder which is commonly used in indian cuisine), then?


Thank youWhat's the difference between Japanese curry powder and regular curry powder?
OMG! no no no no don't listen to him!


Japanese curry powder is no where hotter than Indian curry powder. Trust me, I used to live in Japan for ages! And although, I'm not an Indian, but the curry spices I use, are def hotter than the Japanese version!


If you wanna make Japanese ';korroke';, then I suggest you use Japanese curry powder, it won't have the same taste with Indian one, but you can try...





---What's the difference between Japanese curry powder and regular curry powder?
japanese curry powder is hotter so if you want to use the japanese one it will be stronger than just normal curry powder





my dad makes curry's alot and he uses normal it still adds alot of spice just not so you can not eat it





thanks alot x
  • free
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment