Monday, December 28, 2009

What is the best washing powder in the UK that makes your clothes smell nice?

I've been using cheap wasing powder for years and it makes my laundry clean but it never smells fresh. can someone recommend a washing powder that makes my clothes smell really fresh and clean? thanx.What is the best washing powder in the UK that makes your clothes smell nice?
Ariel !!


Thats the best !!What is the best washing powder in the UK that makes your clothes smell nice?
I use Dreft for my coloureds and Persil for whites, towels, work shirts etc. Woolite for delicates





Love the smell of Dreft and how it really looks after your fabrics


Persil has a lighter scent. Used to use Fairy non bio instead which I really liked the smell of but when I changed the washing machine to a cold fill you really need to use a biological powder to benefit from the energy saving cycles so hence now Persil.


Fabric conditioner really helps but make sure it is one that will compliment your detergent. Too many conflicting strong smells is not nice.


I personally really don't like Bold. I bought it once and used it a couple of times and it was so strong scented I could smell it still on the machines rubber seal for weeks after. Ended up giving the stuff away as everytime I smelt it I felt physically sick. If I smell it on peoples clothes it seems to trigger something in me that I start to gag and want to vomit. I have never had such a severe reaction to any other product before but bold is really strong.


To start with I would recommend trying Dreft.
Hi I bet it does make your clothes smell nice but because you are used to the smell of the powder on your clothes you wont be able to smell it.





I thought changing the washing powder would make my clothes smell like other peoples, as you can smell the powder on their clothes and when the clothes are getting washed however when we us the one we use we can never smell it.





I have to use non bio and thought that could, be why so we got surf an bold etc and that didnt make the difference to how the clothes smelled no matter what one we used, and I think its just because its in our own house. etc





We just started using nice smelling fabric condtioners and they did the trick and leave clothes really really soft.
If its the smell you're talking about and not the cleaning(yur powder seems to be the job) then you need a fabric conditioner.This ensures your fabrics are left soft and smell lovely.The new 'comfort' tropical range make clothes smell really fresh.
Carry on using your cheap washing powder but use some Comfort fabric conditioner. There are loads of lovely scents so look around for ones on offer. I love the Comfort Creme conditioner in the winter and something lighter and fresher in the summer.
There is only one washing powder available in the UK, I forget the name but it is almost impossible to get and the supermarkets sell out as soon as it comes in.





Everything else is a detergent nowadays
i have to be careful because smells start off my asthma, and i find alot of powders are really strongly scented like bold and persil etc, the one i find the best is fairy, its leaves clothes smelling really fresh without a strong perfume
Doesn't matter what powder you use - machine rinses all traces out of it anyhow! Use a concentrated fabric softner instead - and plenty of it!





I have the same 'thing' as you - love the smell of fresh washing!
I love the smell of Persil washing powder. But to be fair, if you add conditioner such as Comfort or Lenor they will make your washing smell nice and fresh. And they come in several different lovely scents. Hope this helps
it not the washing machine that makes your clothes smells nice it what washing powder and conditioner that makes your clothes smell nice
Asda`s own brand lavender %26amp; cottonflower. Great washing results and a gorgeous fresh smell that lasts ages.
The new Bold White Diamond %26amp; Lotus Flower or carry on using your normal soap powder but add Lenor's Black Diamond %26amp; Lotus Flower Fabric Conditioner. There both great honestly....
i use ariel concentrated power liquid, the smell lasts for ages...%26lt;^%26gt;%26lt;...
Ariel.
There all made by the same people out of the same ingredient.
i use comfort (concentrate) that makes your clothes smell nice
i like bold because its got fabric softener in it.it works out quite cheap.
surf tropical
fairy non bio
Bold.
SURF...


THE PINK ONE!!!


MMMM!!! SMELLS GORUSS!!!
Pink surf small %26amp; mighty
all the same
My pal puts a wee touch of Zoflora in her wash.. its a disinfectant.. but it does make you washing smell nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment