Thursday, December 24, 2009

How long can Whey protein powder be used after official expiry date?

Hi guys, I had got some whey protein a while back and it expired this year in March. A few mates of mine say that it usually lasts more than the printed expiry.


Do you think it would still be ok to have those proteins till the end of this year?How long can Whey protein powder be used after official expiry date?
You have to be careful with stuff like that. Whey protein is technically a dairy product - a byproduct of the cheese making process. While some powders just lose their potency over time, whey protein may actually go ';bad';. Honestly, since you can get high quality protein much cheaper by ordering it in bulk on the internet, you might as well not take the chance and get some fresh stuff.





Here is where I get my whey protein. Its high quality and chemical free and I can get it in small enough tubs that it doesn't go bad before I can use it up.


www.buybulkwhey.com





Hope this helps!How long can Whey protein powder be used after official expiry date?
as long as it doesn't smell old, I don't know why you could not use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment